Brașov is by excellence a place of the multiculturalism. The town has been founded by the Saxon colonists, encompassing three suburbs outside of the „Stronghold” walls, „one inhabited by the Romanians, the other by the Magyars and the third by Saxon peasants”, as shown by the Saxon humanist and reformer Johannes Honterus, by the middle of the XVIth century. The urban character of „Brașov’s Stronghold” attested under the name Corona, in 1235, is demonstrated, since its very establishment by its location on Tâmpa's Valley, lacking of agricultural field. The suburbs will conserve until late in the history characteristics prevalently rural, also reflected in the architecture. “Braşovul Vechi” (Altstadt, Óbrassó) has been built around the manorial residence on Saint Martin hill and the Saint Bartholomew Church, erected after the Mongol invasion of 1241, with Sprenghi stronghold. Eastward, the neighbourhood „Blumăna” (Blumenau, Bolonya) was mainly inhabited by the Magyars. Westward the is the old Romanian neighbourhood of „Şcheii Braşovului” (Obere Vorstadt, Belgerei, Bolgárszeg), which spiritual centre is Saint Nicholas Church (1399) and the school, erected and expanded across the history with the support of the rulers beyond the Carpathians.
The personalities having lived in Brasov, which have marked its cultural and artistic life, are evocated through memorial houses, commemoration plaques, museums, art galleries, historical monuments or public forums and even through the names of the streets constituting this itinerary.